It's been a while! Baby Joel Frankie has made our lives wonderful but a little crazy. Mom doesn't have as much time to herself as she used to, but right now the kids are playing and baby is sleeping, so we're good.
For those of you who haven't heard, we have some big, shocking, exciting news: we're moving to Arizona! Joel is already there as the new General Manager of the Scottsdale Olive Garden, and we'll follow him in a month or so. We're excited for the adventure but of course are very sad to leave everyone we love so much. We'll expect lots of visits during the winter when you're all freezing!
Yesterday my mom asked Clara, "Clara, are you moving?" She paused,looked down at her feet, and said, "No." Then she started walking and said, "Now I am!" What a funny girl! Never a dull moment with her around!
I've had a feeling for a long time that a big change was coming our way. Maybe that was Heavenly Father's kind way of preparing me since I usually do not like change- I cried when we moved 5 miles up the road! I'm sure I'll cry this time too, but I know this is what we're supposed to do. It will be a good experience for our family.
Monday, October 17, 2011
In Case You Haven't Heard...
Posted by Marianne at 3:26 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
CONGRATULATIONS to the Orton family!!! Arizona is such a wonderful place. And Scottsdale? Doesn't get better than that. How exciting. :)
You are a brave gal. Hope things are going good for Joel so far. And for YOU!
Marianne, how nice of you to think of inviting us over during such a busy time in your lives! Dinner and pumpkin carving sounds like so much fun, and we would have loved to come, but Mat will be out of town for the week! I am sorry it didn't work out for us this time. We love you guys, and thank you for thinking of us. :)
Post a Comment