Whoa! I was getting pretty tired of that post. Here's something new to look at. They're all a bunch of random pictures I never got around to blogging about, so here they are, thrown together in one big potpourri post.
These first two are from this spring when my friend, Lindsay (who also happens to be my neighbor) and I did a fun activity with our kids. We made a ton of jello (4 large boxes) and let the kids go to town in it. It was pretty fun!
I love all their smiles!
George and Noah- best buddies!
I just had to get a picture of my tiny girl sitting in a big chair and drawing, something she loves to do. (Ignore the mess, please. This is my place-to-put-things-that-don't-have-a-home room, which in case you were wondering, is where half the things we own end up, thanks to our cute but tiny house.)
Noah LOVES to sculpt with play dough. You can't tell very well from the picture, but his creations are actually quite good. He often amazes me by the amount of detail in his sculptures.
I love it when I find my kids sitting/laying down with a good book. I love that they love to read.
Earlier this summer my best friends from high school got together, and it was so much fun. I can't believe how big our kids are getting, and they are all so cute too.
Some of you may know that Joel and I used to buy and sell cars on the side. We have not done it for a while now (whew!), but in the past we've owned...well, it's a little embarrassing to admit how many cars we've owned in our six years of marriage. But, for history's sake, I'll list them all (if I can remember all of them, that is): Daewoo, Audi, Elantra, Sonata, Yukon, Sable, Buick, Sonata, Millenia, 1966 Polara, Mercedes, Jeep, Brat, Nissan Truck, Camry, Kia Sephia, Saturn, Contour, Daewoo Nubira, Taurus, Kia Sephia, Subaru wagon, F-250, Passat, Ford contour, Saab turbo, and another Saturn. That's 27 cars, and that's the best my memory can do. I might be missing one or two, and some of them I can't remember the model. Some of those cars hold special places in our hearts, like the Polara- a 60s classic, the Brat- Joel's favorite, the Mazda and how the new owner accused me of lying (good times). I'm starting to want to stroll down memory lane and tell you more about our cars, but I'm sure you're already board to tears, so I'll get to the point.There is one story I wanted to share because I think it's funny, and it's about the truck in the above picture. A couple summers ago when we were building our patio in the front yard we needed a truck so we could haul the sand, tiles, and stuff we needed for our big project. Instead of borrowing one, like most people would do, Joel got on KSL (his favorite website) to see if there was a cheep truck he could buy. Of course there was, so we threw Noah in the car (Clara was still attached to me at the time) and drove down to Daybreak to buy it and take it home. I think we payed about $1,000 for it, but I could be mistaken. We used it that weekend for the job we bought it for, put it up for sell on Monday, and within a few days we sold it for $50 more than what we bought it for. It still makes me chuckle to think about it.




6 comments:
And I thought we owned a lot of cars. Thanks for the pictures - always a treat!
Love all the updated pics. And that is funny that Joel bought a truck to use for the weekend and then just resold it. Great memories. :-)
I didn't think people could own that many cars in that short of a time period. Sounds kind of red neck! LOL :D
Cute pictures! I love that you listed all of your cars. I knew it was a lot, but wow! It's funny, because I never really know what you're driving at any given time. I can't keep it straight!
I was just catching up on your blog and read about Clara having celiac disease. I'm so glad you found out what the problem was and that it's not something more serious. When I worked at Macey's, the cooking class had a gluten free class once a month. If you can't go to the class you can still get the recipe at the service desk. Your kids are so cute! I love the top picture on this post.
I love the KSL truck story, I did that with a bike. I bought it, it needed repair work so I used my dad's $1500 bike in the meantime...when it came time to get my new bike back, I realized how crappy it was, and sold if for more money than what I bought it for. Now I have a nicer bike and a funny story ;)
Post a Comment