Thursday, July 16, 2009

Depot Bay

This was the second half of our Oregon trip. A few years ago my family rented a beach house in Lincoln City, Oregon. We had so much fun that we wanted to do it again. So, we saved up and rented another beach house, but this time we tried a different beach. It was so gorgeous! And the best part was our beach house was right on the beach. The beach was the backyard, as you can see in the pictures. Plus, the house itself was adorable. We found a winner!
We had so much fun our second time around. Get ready for a lot of pictures (this isn't even close to all the ones I could have put on here). We made so many fond memories, but the best was seeing Noah make his own memories. Memories you make as a child are so precious, and Noah's at the age where he will be able to remember this later on in life. I know remembering it will make him smile.





This was a waterfall everyone but Joel, Clara, and me went on a hike to go see. I'm sad we weren't able to go. I looks breathtakingly beautiful.




Noah concentrating very hard to hear the ocean.
Joel crabbing
Joel and the rest of the big boys went fishing. Notice the lovely shade of green Joel's sporting. Poor guy literally gave everything he had to catching his fish.
Noah and his cousins Isaac and Bradley.

Behold the sick fisherman (Joel wasn't the only one who didn't feel good. Although, he was the only lucky one to lose his breakfast off the side of the boat).
Clara having her umpteenth helping of ice cream. It was one of the few things she wanted to eat.




Everyone (but Joel, Clara and me). Love you guys!
Some of the other fun things we did: walk on the beach, run on the beach, play games, laugh, get wet, eat yummy yummy food, not sleep very well (thanks Clara), see the sites, go shopping, relax, read, fly kites, play in the sand, build fires on the beach, and drive a lot.

9 comments:

Steph said...

That looks like so much fun!! What a beautiful place, so lucky!! I'll have to put that on my list of places to go, sounds like you had a blast! :)

Andrea said...

Hmmm...I may have just found our new anniversary destination! Looks beautiful and fun!

Ashlee said...

Those are such beautiful pictures, and what a beautiful place to live. Lucky Marnie! That's funny you listened to Harry Potter on drive, Jon and I just listened to that last week on our family reunion! HAHA! I haven't checked pictures or blogs in so long, you have such cute pics and I love the ones from Patrick...he is very good! Your kids are so cute, they have the most gorgeous eyes! Just so you know:)! Anyway, come and visit us soon! We only have a week before the baby so maybe this next week or maybe you want to come after the baby??? Either way, we'll see you soon!

Kim said...

Great post, marianne. I love the pictures. I wish we could have been there. It looks like it was so much fun.

Unknown said...

So gorgeous! We are headed up there soon too! Never been so it was fun to see pics. Also, I was thinking... did you ever get my directions for the skirt? I sent it to another friend and she never got it so I wanted to make sure you got yours?

Heather Tew said...

It looks like you guys had a great time at both reunions....so jealous of the views. I loved that Noah was asleep 5 minutes after you got in the car. Gotta love kids, what fun to him to play with cousins!!

Anonymous said...

Love the pics. What beach was the beach house on?

Marianne said...

It was Depot Bay.

Matt and Lindsay said...

super cute post, it looks like you guys had a good time!!
I know this is totally random, but I just was thinking about some mint cookies I think you made for a relief society thing and was wandering if you could give me the recipe? Sorry I know, totally random! Thanks though! you can email it to me if you have it at mattlindsmyers@gmail.com