A few weeks ago Noah came down suddenly with a case of the stomach flu. He was pretty miserable, so I asked if he wanted Daddy to give him a blessing so that Jesus could make him feel better. He said yes, so Joel administered to him. It was very sweet, and while Noah didn't recover instantly, it didn't take very long for the sickness to leave his body. The experience must have made an impression on him because this is what happened yesterday:
Noah noticed Clara's scraped head that she got when we went sledding and was very concerned for his baby sister. After expressing his concern, he said he was going to bless her and ask Jesus to make her better. I thought, "You're going to what?" Then he placed his hands on her head and "blessed" her (basically, he said prayer asking Jesus to make Clara better).
I wasn't quite sure how to react to this. I didn't know if I should stop him or laugh. I chose to sit there with my hand to my mouth, hiding the smiling I could not hold back even if I tried. It was the cutest, sweetest thing I've ever seen! What a sweet boy we have! It amazed me that he was so observant when he got his blessing. I had no idea he'd understood so much. Kids learn so much more than we realize.
I guess the Priesthood will have be a topic in an upcoming FHE lesson.
Friday, January 2, 2009
Our Future Priesthood Holder
Posted by Marianne at 9:24 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




7 comments:
That is so cute, Marianne. Okay- you've gotten me addicted to blogging. I need to get under control. It's so fun! Did you see the little slide show I added? I hope you don't mind that I've copied some of the things you have on yours.
That is the funniest thing I have ever heard. I would have had a hard time not laughing. :D
That is such a Noah thing to do. I love how serious he is about things sometimes. He is hilarious.
That is very sweet. Sometimes I don't know how to react to things, either. But they're just little innocent kids, so I guess we are allowed to laugh.
So cute! No wonder we are told to be like little children.
Don't kids do and say the cutest things? Looks like you guys had a lot of fun sledding.
Hey Mary - You can just get those Noah pics right off my blog. Just click on the picture to make it bigger, and then right click on it. Go to "Save image as" and then you can save it wherever you want on your computer! P.S. Blaine mentioned the other day that he really wants to do a double date with you guys sometime, go out to dinner and maybe play games. It has been a while! So be thinking about a good time for you.
Post a Comment