Wednesday, April 9, 2008
My Discovery
This was a great movie. There were many things about it that I loved. One of them was the music (Joel makes fun of me because I say that about every movie. I like music, so sue me!) I decided to splurge and get the CD. Well, now I've made a new discovery- Sondre Lerche. Am I the only one who's never heard of him before? Well, his songs on the CD, which are all of them, are the only ones I've been exposed to, but I like them all. I really like his voice and his writing style. I am a new fan. The music is very fun, and, by the way, perfect for this movie. I've even put one of the songs on my playlist (my very long playlist that I'm a little obsessed about adding music to). I was also very pleased to find that the CD had an extra song not listed on the CD case- the "Ruthie Pig Face Draper" song! Anyway, I just wanted to share my new discovery with everyone. I always like finding new musicians that actually have talent, unlike so many popular singers today. Maybe you'll like him too (that is, if I'm not the last one to make this discovery).
Posted by Marianne at 5:59 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
Yay! We LOVE Sondre Lerche (I have one of his songs on my blog too.) And we LOVE Dan in Real Life. Kendal bought it on Amizon a couple of weeks ago for pretty cheap and we watched it for date night last weekend. It was just as good as it was the two times we watched it in the theater! That movie is, in my opinion, such a smart little masterpiece, and partly because of the music that fits so perfectly.
Maybe Sharlee's blog is where I've heard of ol' Sondre. I remember clicking on his song, expecting a girl's voice - a little disconcerting. I liked that movie, too. So refreshing. I love it when movie writers think things through enough to make the music match the story.
I love this movie too! Didn't I tell ya it was great! I bought it for Jon for his birthday hoping he would like it and he has watched it 3 times since then!
Post a Comment